MAN B&W Alpha Lubricator System. Checks during start-up and periodic checks.
Checks during start-up of the engine
- Upon start of the engine’s auxiliary blowers, the Alpha Lubricator System is programmed to carry out automatic pre-lubrication. The pump station will automatically stop if the engine is not started shortly after.
- Check that a pump on the pump station automatically starts up when the engine is started, and that the cyl. oil pressure builds up to 40-50 bar.
- Check that all the green LEDs flash on the intermediate boxes for each lubricator.
- Check that no alarm is detected on the control room and on the HMI panel.
Periodic checks during normal operation of the engine
- check that all lubricating points supply oil by:
- inspecting that all LEDs for feedback indication on the intermediate boxes are flashing
- feeling the pressure shocks from injection of the lubricators on each lubricator pipe. If in doubt, dismantle the pipe at the cylinder liner to observe the oil flow.
- Inspect the local oil pressure gauge on the pump station.
- Check for oil leakages in the system.
Login to post comments